There is so much conflicting information on how to detox your body that it can be confusing and overwhelming to know how and where to start. My advice is to relax, ease into it, do a little research and go for the techniques you feel intuitively drawn to. I have found detoxing to be an extraordinary process of self-discovery and growth.
Over the years I have experimented with many different kind of detox therapies searching for one that feels appropriate to my unique consistency. In upcoming blog entries I will offer details about my personal experiences with my favorite ones. First and foremost it’s important to understand what works for one person may not work for another.
If you are new to the whole detoxing movement I would recommend integrating a few basic habits into your daily routine just to get the ball rolling. Here are several low impact and affordable detox prep habits that I recommend to start preparing your body and mind to cleanse out all that junk!
- Drink warm lemon water every morning see earlier blog entry.
- Dry brush scrubbing: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/02/24/dry-skin-brushing.aspx
- Get comfortable with giving yourself enemas, here is a silly but informative video that puts it into perspective: http://youtu.be/UZEqQlOYXSo
- Find your favorite herbal teas and start drinking them everyday instead of soda’s and coffee: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/how-detox-your-body-with-tea.html
- Get familiar with and start exploring and integrating super-foods into your diet:
- Visualize, write down and get clear about what being toxin free and living in your optimum health would look and feel like. Meditate and think about it positively as often as possible. At this point I think we can all agree that the law of attraction is more than just a hype:
There’s nothing like starting your day off right by getting into the habit of drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning. Not only does it give your immune system a boost it freshens your breath, reduces inflammation, cleanses your system and aids digestion among other things. Its an amazingly simple way to nourish your body first thing in the morning.
Here is a great article explaining to you in depth all the benefits of this highly effective habit. http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/cheers-to-drinking-warm-lemon-water
I’m also a fan of adding different Chinese herbs and tinctures to the lemon water or making a specialized herbal tonic/elixir/tea to drink after the lemon water (before your spiritual practice).
Here are a few of my favorites additions:
1. Shizandrea: http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=548
2. 3 Immortals: http://www.shamanshackherbs.com/3-immortals/
3. Gingko: http://www.zerorads.com/radioprotective_herbs/ginkgo_biloba.html
4. Tumeric: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=78
5. Astragalus: http://www.gaiaherbs.com/products/ingredient/89/Astragalus
5. Pine Pollen: http://supermanherbs.com/pine-pollen/
Here is a great website that gives in depth information about tonic herbs so you can learn about them and see which ones you are drawn to: http://www.theholykale.com/toni-herbs-guide/
Feel free to share you favorite morning tonic/elixirs with us here.
Blessings and enjoy the magic of drinking healthful morning tonics!
Taking detox baths is one of my favorite cleansing rituals. As a child my mother used to make herbal tea baths for me when I wasn’t feeling well. I’ll always cherish that sensation of nurturing herbal goodness infusing my senses as the warm tea was being poured into my bath by my loving mother.
Here is a great general overview of how to take a detox bath. http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Detox-Bath
The most amazing thing about detox baths and detoxing in general is that you can get creative with all the amazing resources are earth offers to nourish us.
Learn about herbal, clay, milk, yoghurt and flower baths that follow the detoxing traditions of Ayurveda: http://blog.vaidyamishra.com/blog/knowledge/bathe-detox/
Here is a simple recipe to detox from radiation: http://drkaayladaniel.com/a-detoxification-bath-from-dr-hazel-parcells/
Everything you should know about detoxing with clay baths: http://www.eytonsearth.org/clay-baths.php
Here are a few recipes from: http://www.20somethingallergies.com/detox-bath-method-and-recipes/
Detox Bath Recipes
Itch Be Gone – good for skin conditions such as yeast infections, rashes, sunburns (cool water bath only), and body acne
A Little Pick-Me-Up
- My go-to bath is 1 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup clay.
Add up to 2 cups from any combination of the following:
- food-grade clay such as Bentonite clay
- organic apple cider or kombucha vinegar
- unrefined salt
- Epsom salt
- baking soda
- ginger or ginger tea
And here is my personal, detox princess pamper bath recipe which of course can be modified to suit your needs. This decadent bath will not only nourish all your senses but makes your skin incredibly soft for days!
- Rose petals
- Green Clay
- Raw Milk
- Jasmine Essential Oil
- Rose Quartz crystals
So get in the habit of taking regular detox baths as well as preparing special ones when you are doing a cleanse. Detox baths are a sure way to savor and revel in the amazing journey of detoxing.